I have been wanting to put up another entry on my blog for a few weeks now. But Mr. Cole has been quite demanding of my time. Don't get me wrong though, there is nothing else I'd rather be doing.
Cole is such a sweet baby. He rarely cries and is just so perfect in every way. My pregnancy was not the easiest thing I've ever had to go through, but seeing his precious face every day would make me go through it over and over and over again. He loves to snuggle with me and I wish he would stay like this forever. I know he will grow up so fast. He is already 2 weeks old today. Where is the time going?
He had a doctor appointment today and he has gained weight. I was nervous that he was not gaining enough, but he was up about a 1/2 lb since last week. What can I say, the kid loves to eat!
I was a bit worried and not sure what to expect this time when I was in labor and ready to give birth. Last time around, everything was so chaotic and there were so many people in the room with us. I was drugged up pretty good and not really coherent. It was a scary time for me. This time around, the experience was so different. There were only a few people in the room, I was fully aware of everything going on and I felt excited, not terrified. I only had to push for an hour before Cole was born. I thought labor and delivery would be so long and exhausting. I was definitely tired, but it was so much easier than I ever expected. Plus, it really helped that my nurse that night for the delivery was amazing! I loved her so much and was so thankful that God put her in my life to make this such a great experience. One that I will never forget, for good reasons.
The moment I laid eyes on my baby boy was the best moment of my life. My first look at him I realized he was everything I had been waiting on and more. I couldn't have even imagined he would be so perfect. He was born at 9:17 p.m. and we were moved to my postpartum room about 2 a.m. I was so giddy with excitement and awe that I didn't sleep a wink the entire night. I just laid there and stared at him. I am so in love! I already can't remember what my life was like before he arrived.
The last 2 weeks have been busy! We have been trying to sleep when we can and also keep up with things around the house. We have gone to a few doctor appointments as well. But mostly the days are full of feeding and pooping. :o) But I'm loving each second of being a mom.
This post is all over the place, but once we get on a better schedule around here I hope to post more often. We are all doing well though! Thank you to everyone for all of the support and prayers that you sent my way when I was pregnant. I feel like so many people are already a special part of Cole's life! I hope that as he grows he will realize how much he was wanted and how loved he was from the moment we knew he was growing. We love you all!
2012 is going to be the best year yet! I am not setting any resolutions. I'm just going to continue to enjoy every second of this year. I know we will have many "firsts" with Cole and I just can't wait to see what this year has in store for us.

I am so happy for you, and love to hear how things are going! I cannot wait to meet this precious baby in person! Enjoy every moment!!!
ReplyDeleteAnn
I am so happy that you had such a great experience giving birth to Cole. It was an exciting day for all of us and I will never forget Matt coming down that hall with his thumbs up or walking into your room and seeing you holding Cole. He is a very special addition to our family and we couldn't have asked for a better gift at Christmas time. Our many prayers were answered. Dad and I are enjoying watching you and Matt as parents and loving every minute of hold time that we get with Cole. Love you all!
ReplyDelete