Wow, can you believe it's been 3 weeks since I last posted anything on my blog? We have been so busy. Some events are boring and some have been fun. I'll try to give you the run down of what's been going on.
- Work: Matt has taken on a new position at work. This is a position that will set him up nicely for a promotion in the near future. It's also a great learning opportunity. But, it's meant that he stays at work until 6-6:30 a lot of nights. Cole goes to bed around 6:30, so we have been missing out on family time during the week. And I've been running around like crazy keeping up with Cole and his needs as if I'm a single parent some days.
- Basement: We are in the process of finishing our basement. And when I say "we", I mean my dad is finishing our basement. Matt has been helping quite a bit too. And I have also picked up a paintbrush a few times. I'll save the photos of the before and after for another blog entry since it's not quite done yet. My dad is an amazing carpenter, electrician, painter, and drywaller :) We are so lucky to have him help us with this project. I know I will enjoy hanging out in our basement even more because my dad did the work! Cole sure has enjoyed the extra time with Grandpa, and Grandma too when she tags along!
- Walking: When we have enough time in the evenings we like to take a walk around the neighborhood. Some nights Cole goes with me, and some nights it's just me and Ritz. I love to walk in the summertime. Ritz has been getting a lot of exercise checking Cole out and playing with his toys...but a walk is always a good way to calm Ritz down.
 |
| Getting ready for a walk |
- Birthday: We celebrated Matt's 31st Birthday on June 14. Matt and I were able to go out to lunch together, and he chose Meatheads. Then I cooked dinner for him and also made M & M cookies for dessert at his request. Cole and I let him open his gifts before dinner, and before Cole had a meltdown and was ready for bed. We didn't get to celebrate too much since it was the middle of the week, but Father's Day is this weekend, so we will plan to do something fun as a family this weekend. I know that FlatTop brunch is part of the plan!!
 |
| Smiles for Daddy on his birthday |
- Kidneys: Cole had a doctor appointment in Peoria today to check on his kidneys. It's hard to believe it's been 3 months since the last visit. We got good news for the most part. Nothing has changed, so he does still have reflux in both kidneys, but the good part is that the doctor doesn't think it's too bad and we don't have to go back for another 6 months. And at that time he thinks it may clear up even more. We are so lucky that his kidney issues have been minor. And we are lucky to have such a great Children's hospital so close to home!
- Food: Cole has started to eat solid foods. He LOVES to eat. We found out today at his weight is 16.3 pounds and he is 27.25 inches long. Since the end of April, he's gained 2 lb. and grown 3 inches!! The first food we tried was oatmeal. I could not feed it to him fast enough, and he was getting pretty mad. Then we tried avocados next. The first time he ate them he liked them, but then the second night he was making gagging noises and acting like he was going to throw up every time I put some into his mouth. It was hilarious. He's since tried sweet potatoes, butternut squash, acorn squash, peaches, and bananas. He loves all of them! He's getting the hang of taking bites and swallowing and then opening his mouth for more. I love dinnertime with him. He's just so fun to watch and in between bites he's usually smiling at me. Enjoy the video of him eating for the first time! I've been making all of his food (except the oatmeal) myself. I have really enjoyed doing it and knowing that I'm feeding him as healthy as possible. It isn't as much work as I thought it would be either. I found this great website (http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/index.htm) and have been using it for tips and will use it for recipes in the future too. I have spent about 3 hours total making the food and have probably a months worth in the freezer to pull out and feed him every night.
Link to the video (since it wasn't working on this page):
Cole's First Time Eating
 |
| Frozen homemade baby food |
Thanks for still following my blog, even though I have neglected it for a few weeks. I would like to post more often, but I have a little guy who doesn't yet believe in sleeping through the night...or even close to it. So I've been trying to either catch a few hours of sleep earlier than usual at night, or I'm picking up from the tornado that goes through my house every day. Still loving every minute of parenthood and my sweet baby Cole! Have a great weekend everyone!!
No comments:
Post a Comment