I haven't been updating my blog much lately. I do miss writing on here becaues it's theraputic for me, but my boys take priority!
I wasn't sure how life would be with two kids at home. I went back and forth imagining life to be twice as chaotic but then again maybe it would be a breeze since we've already done this once. After living it for the past 12 weeks, I'd settle for it being somewhere in the middle. Overall, I think adjusting to the second one has been easier. I think it's because I knew more about what to expect. But there are moments when I feel like I may be in over my head :)
I never imagined I would have two kids under the age of 2. But I truly love it. Cole has been doing great with baby Clay at home. He never really went through a jealous phase...he pretty much just accepted that Clay was here to stay and he was okay with it. And Clay is a wonderful baby. He is just so incredibly happy and I melt every single time he smiles at me. He's talking up a storm and so very alert. He is a good eater and for the most part a good sleeper for only being (almost) 3 months old.
I went back to work at the beginning of last week. That was a wake up call. After the past 7 months of being on couch rest/maternity leave we had to figure out some kind of routine. I have made it into work every day before 8 and I feel like that's doing great. My work days have been flying by, and I'm happy about that because I don't have much time to miss the boys before it's time to go pick them up again. That's probably the best part of my day...picking them up and taking them home! We don't get much time together during the week the way our schedule works out, so I try to be fully present for the boys from 4:30-7. It's so hard some days to minimize distractions and to really focus on them but at the end of the night I'm always glad I took the the to truly enjoy them!
Mr. Cole Man is going to turn 2 in a couple of weeks. I'm still not sure where the time has gone. I ordered him a Thomas the Train cake and got some fun plates and napkins to celebrate. We are not having a big party this year like we did for his 1st birthday, just spending the day at home with him since his birthday falls on a Saturday. He is so spoiled (well loved as our daycare lady says) and I'm sure he will have a blast opening up gifts and playing with them this year. He is acting every bit of 2 years. He is strong willed, independent, goofy and so lovey when he wants to be. He is a great big brother and loves to "pet" Clay. He loves giraffes, trucks, cars, airplanes and trains. He has a blast playing in forts that his daddy builds for him. I love to see him learn and grow every day. He is talking a lot and making more and more sense when he does. He knows a ton of words and is starting to finally make short sentences with them. He knows how to count to at least six I think. There is so much about him that I just want to bottle up and keep forever. I know he will grow and change quickly as the years pass, but this stage is just so much fun. I can't wait to see what the next year has in store for him! He is such a blessing in our lives and was very much wanted and prayed for. I can't imagine life without him here!
Christmas is also approaching and we've been trying to do some fun things to get in the Christmas spirit. We went to The Festival of Lights a few weekends ago, which was fun. There were two giraffes made out of lights and at one point Cole said "Hi big giraffe, I wuv you". I just about died it was so cute. We also visited Santa this past Saturday...Clay thought his first visit was fine but Cole not so much. We decorated our tree and hung up all of our special ornaments. And we watched The Polar Express, a holiday season tradition with our boys since Cole's 1st Christmas. I love this time of year. We've also found a few ways to help others in need this year and that's part of the reason I love the season. Helping others when they least expect it warms my heart. I can't wait to see what the rest of the month brings our way. I know that I'm looking forward to celebrating Clay's 1st Christmas as well as my niece and nephew's first Christmas too. So much to be thankful for in our family this year.
I hope that you all have a wonderful Christmas season.
No comments:
Post a Comment