Thursday, April 7, 2011

See You Later...Not Goodbye

It's been six months since the day we met Braelyn.  It's been six months since the day we lost Braelyn.  Six months... Half of a year...

Seems like the past six months have flown by.  I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing that time is going so fast.  Some days I feel like it just happened yesterday...but some days I feel like it's all slipping out of my memory.  I am forgetting what it felt like to have her in my hands because I only held her for a few hours.  But I can remember how much I loved her.  I am forgetting what it felt like to have her tiny hand wrapped around my little finger.  But I can remember how my life changed the moment I saw her.

I don't know if I believe the saying that "time heals all wounds".  I still feel the same sadness every day, the same exact sadness I felt on October 7 at 2:25 p.m.  I guess over time you just learn to live your life around the sad feeling you carry, but I don't know if it'll ever go away.  Don't get me wrong, I don't believe in sitting around crying and sulking all day, but the thoughts of Braelyn are never out of my mind.  For now, I am focusing on being positive and looking towards the future with hope that good things are to come for Matt and I.

I feel strongly that I didn't say goodbye to Braelyn, I just said see you later.  So now I need to keep living my life in a way that will make that a reality some day.  We love you and miss you every single day, Braelyn!

3 comments:

  1. We will never forget her or the lessons she taught us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you expressed yourself in this blog. She provided a wonderful lesson for so many! What a tremendous life!

    ReplyDelete