Thursday, July 21, 2011

Baby Squirt @ 16 Weeks

Hard to believe I'm almost half way through this pregnancy with Baby Squirt.  At least I'm hoping that I'm almost half way there and not over half way with this pregnancy.  My doctors are doing such a great job of monitoring me this time around that I feel confident this pregnancy will last until 37 weeks at least.  We have an ultrasound done every other week.  They measure my cervix length first and then we get to see the baby.  I have never been nervous about something being wrong with the baby.  Mostly I just worry that my cervix will be shorter than the last time.  But once we get that check over with I enjoy the rest of my appointment.

Last time we went to the doctor we left with 114 pictures of the baby.  I'm pretty sure our doctor's office loves us!  Never thought I would say I felt like a celebrity at my OBGYN's office, but hey I'm not complaining!  It's amazing how much the baby changes every two weeks. First looking like a blob, then morphing into something that resembled a gummy bear (with short little arms and legs) and finally into a baby.  Each appointment the baby just keeps getting bigger.

We found out that Baby Squirt is a BOY!  We were really excited to find out the gender.  It will definitely make choosing a name much easier if we only have to focus on one sex.  It still might take us a while to settle on a name...it's so hard!  It was bittersweet taking all of the pink clothes out of the nursery closet, but I hope it's just as fun to fill it up with little boy stuff.

I've been feeling great.  Not much to complain about.  I have not been sick at all.  I have gained just enough weight that I am no longer looking at the scale :o)  and the tiredness is easing up a bit.  You can definitely tell that I'm pregnant just by looking at me.  I like that feeling though.

I'm trying so hard to enjoy each moment that I have with this baby.  After losing Braelyn so fast I want to savor every moment this time around.  It is hard to relax though because in the back of my mind is always everything that could go wrong.  When I was pregnant with Braelyn I skipped all of the chapters in my books about complications.  This time around I have read and memorized just about all of the information for every condition.  Don't get me wrong, I am still thinking very positively about this experience...I just want to be prepared this time around.  So far though, there is nothing to be worried about.  Let's keep it that way!!

Here are some pictures of the baby that we scored at the doctor's last week.  Hope you enjoy them as much as we do!  And thanks for all of the support.  I know I've said it before, but it's because of the support of all of my family and friends that I'm getting through everything.

Peek-a-boo!

Baby's face-- looks like a skeleton baby

Aww, so cute!

Baby's profile

Look at those chicken legs! 

2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures of baby Squirt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these pictures! Especially the last one showing his long legs all stretched out! He is quite the Squirt!

    ReplyDelete