Today was an awesome day!
I talked to a nurse manager at Bromenn about donating a few sets of teeny diapers. Bromenn was super excited to accept some of the sets! They have babies that are too young to be sent to Peoria to the NICU and sometimes they have stillborn babies. These babies and their families could definitely benefit from having these precious little diapers. The nurse manager asked if I would be willing to come in and talk to all of the L&D nurses at their next staff meeting about why I chose to make these and how they should be given to parents that have just lost a baby. I will write more about that experience once it happens :) I'm so excited that this hospital would like to help others by giving out the diapers.
Next, I talked to the nurse manager at The Children's Hospital of Illinois in the NICU. This is where Braelyn spent her 12 hours. They also are excited to accept our donation. Matt and I will be delivering 2 baskets filled with diapers on December 14. I can't wait to drop them off. I'm just feeling really good about helping others who are going through a similar situation as Matt and I did.
I had some extra flannel left over and I mailed it to another angel mom who makes tons of diapers! She told me that she would donate the ones made from the flannel I sent in honor of Braelyn. That made me really happy too. Who knew that Braelyn would touch people all the way across the country.
One other organization I wanted to mention is Robby's Rabbits. You can find them on Facebook. This is a mother who is honoring her son who passed away far too soon. She sends stuffed rabbit's to mom's who have lost children. I had 90 yards of ribbon that I ordered that was too thick to tie around the diaper sets. I contacted her to see if I could donate the ribbon for her to tie her cards around the rabbits neck. She gladly accepted. I felt good that the ribbon went to someone who is doing good for others!
This diaper project has been going on for a few months and I am so ready to make the donations. I have been overwhelmed by the support you all have given to me. Thank you again for everything. I will continue to update my blog as we make our deliveries.
No comments:
Post a Comment