Rediscover myself
Somewhere in the midst of the infertility battle I lost myself. The stress of remembering to inject myself multiple times a day, keeping a close eye on the clock to make sure I didn't miss the EXACT time to do something I was supposed to, doctors appointments, sonograms, and trying to become a mom all made me forget what makes me happy and who I am. I didn't have much time to do some of the things I loved once Cole was born. This year I am going to focus on reading more books, doing some crafting, and learning to sew.
Take time to enjoy the little things
Sometimes I get so wrapped up in keeping my house perfect and scheduling a million events for us to attend. I really should take a step back from this mindset and relax. I don't want to be so busy that I'm missing all of the little moments with Cole. Sometimes it is really good to just sit at home and watch him as he plays. I'm going to work on letting the housework slide a bit and use that time to just be with Cole and Matt. This is easier said than done for someone who is nearly OCD about cleaning... :)
Spend more time praying
This is going to be a hard one for me. I try to remember to pray daily, but sometimes as I lay awake at the end of the day I realize I forgot to talk to God. I am going to make a bigger effort to talk to God throughout the day, rather than wait until the end of it when I'm tired and want to just sleep. I also do not want to only pray about the things I need or want...I need to give praise for the good things that God has given to me.
Do good deeds for others
This one doesn't really need explanation. I just want to work towards being a better person and member of society. I need to find ways I can do good for those around me. This includes being better at telling people how much they mean to me and giving out lots of compliments.
Practice saying "no"
I am the "yes" queen. I say yes almost any time I'm asked to do something. I think it's because I always want to help people and I feel bad if I say no. Well in 2013 I need to quit saying yes to everything. My main focus should be my family and anything that takes away from that I will need to think about harder. I don't want to cut out every extra in my life, but I really do need to scale back.
Blog more
I don't have a specific amount of posts I want to do per week, but I do find that this blog is a good outlet for me. I want to make sure I find time to write.
Get active
And I said praying would be a hard goal... :) I need some major motivation to get active again. I think it's been over 2 years since I've been allowed to/able to work out. I make the lamest excuses about why I can't go out and do something. Not enough time, too late at night, I'm too tired...blah. I need to shut up and just find something to keep me active. I really wish it would warm up so I can go run outside...but in the meantime I'm going to challenge myself to get in better shape.
I'm writing these goals down so I can look back at the end of the year and measure my success. It'll be a good way to constantly remind myself of what is important to me. I hope that I can make this year a relaxing and fun year. I'm so over all of the stress of trying to have a baby and everything else that comes along with that. I want to focus on my relationship with Matt and Cole to make it the best that it can be. I think I just want what everyone else wants, to be happy!
Here's to a great new year! I hope that 2013 can be full of happiness for everyone. Even with all of stress of every day life, it's a choice I need to make each day when I wake up-- I will be happy!
Do any of you make New Year's Resolutions? Do you stick to them? What are your goals for 2013?
No comments:
Post a Comment