Sunday, March 17, 2013

Do they make a 24 hour energy drink? If so, I need one!

I have been gone from my blog forever.  I feel bad as I really have wanted to post some updates, but I have just been too darn tired to do anything at the end of each day.  I'll be 13 weeks pregnant on Tuesday!  I think I may be getting some of my energy back now.

I just cannot believe how fast the time is flying by during this pregnancy.  With Cole I felt like I noticed every single second that ticked by on the clock.  It was quite possibly the very longest 9 month time span of my life.  I was a nervous wreck always thinking something was wrong.  I think I had too much free time to just sit and think.  This time, I am still working full time, but now I have Cole to care for at home too.  After being at work all day we come home and spend about 2 hours with Cole Man before he goes to bed.  At that point I have to try and catch up around the house with various tasks and then before I know it I have about 30 free minutes before it's time for me to go to bed.  That's not to say the only time I spend thinking about this pregnancy is in those 30 free minutes, but it is much different than when I was pregnant with Cole.  I am glad for the distractions in my life.  It takes away from the worry and uncertainty of everything.  With working, taking care of Cole, and being pregnant and in my first trimester I was exhausted....and I'm looking forward to having some energy back and the weather getting nicer.  I want to try and fit in a lot of fun things outdoors with Cole before I may have to be on the dreaded couch rest for the rest of my pregnancy.

I do still want to post about how I found out I was pregnant, but I'll save that for another post.  To catch you up to speed on what's going on around here:

- I will be 13 weeks pregnant on Tuesday!  A huge milestone!  Hello 2nd Trimester.

- Cole Man is just about 15 months old.  He is so full of life and energy.  He is learning new things every single day and continues to amaze us with how smart he is (I'm sure every parent says that about their kid, but seriously, mine is a genius).  :)  My favorite thing he does is "wink".  It is so adorable and I can't get enough of his cheesy grin when he does it too.

- Matt and I are really busy at work.  We ended up being put on the same project too...so not only do we see each other most of the day, but at night too.  And as you can imagine our nightly conversations always end up being about work and we have to cut ourselves off.  I'm not getting paid enough to continue the work conversations 5 hours after going home :)

- We have seen Kate, Kyle, Kamden, and Kinley quite a bit lately.  I can't get enough of the twin babies.  They are sooooo adorable and sweet.  I love watching them grow and I can't wait until they are old enough to run around with cousin Cole.  Cole loves them too and everytime he sees one of the babies he gives them a hug (well he lays his head down on them).   I would go over and hold the babies every single day if I could.  This is when I wish we lived in the same town so I could go hang out over there after I get off of work.  My sister and Kyle are such great parents too.  I'm so proud of them!

- We have also been hanging out with my mom and dad a lot.  And I love every second of it.  Cole is so over the moon in love with Grandma and Grandpa.  He LOVES to be at their house.  They have done so much to make it easy for us to be at their house.  They have all of the accessories that we need while being away from home.  My old bedroom has become the "Toy Room".  There are a lot of fun toys that Cole has been checking out.  I'm so glad he gets to spend time over there and get to know them.  He could care less if we drop him off and leave when he is there.  I envision so many good times ahead for Cole at their house.  He will love being outside in the big backyard.  I hope that he has some of the same memories that I have as a child from that house and yard.  It's an amazing place to be a kid. He is so lucky that Grandma and Grandpa are wrapped around his little finger.

- We are also so glad that my brother, Luke, and his girlfriend, Margo, are back from Arizona.  We missed them over the last several years.  It's so fun to watch them interact with Cole.  I can tell Cole already has Uncle Luke under his spell.  I think Uncle Luke would do anything Cole wanted.  It's fun to see a different side of Luke.  And it's fun to have him back to tease back and forth with.  I have missed his witty sense of humor.  And us girls have had a lot of fun with Margo lately too...well except when she is hogging the twins.... :)

- I have been to the doctor several times during this pregnancy so far.  Everything is going great!  We haven't seen any indications of problems which is encouraging.  But as you know, my worry is never about the first trimester.  It's about the second.  So we are getting ready this week to enter into the time of nervousness and lots of doctor appointments.  I still love my doctors office, and I know we are in amazing hands.  They take such good care of us and I know they will do anything in their power to get us another healthy full term baby.  So far almost every appointment the heart rate of this baby has been in the 160's.  I'm really thinking it's going to be a girl.  I have thought that from the very beginning.  I have felt a bit more queasy in the mornings this time than I did with Cole.  Obviously we are not picky in the least, so whether we have a boy or a girl we will be 100% happy.   I had my cerclage placed at 9 weeks, on 2/21.  Everything went as well as it could with that surgery and hopefully that means we will make it to at least 37 weeks!  We have an appointment on 3/25 and we will do a sonogram that day.  I am hoping they can take an early guess as to what the gender is.  If not, we only really have to wait a few more weeks to find out for sure.  It'll be so fun to know.

Well, I will try to be better about updating.  There are a few things I do want to share in the near future, so check back.  I'm sorry I've been terrible about keeping everyone updated.  I swear I am getting energy back so now I have no excuse...well except working full time and caring for a 15 month old...ok, no excuses!  I WILL post again soon!

Thanks for still reading my blog!

6 comments:

  1. If you find that energy drink, I need one too!! Glad to hear your pregnancy is going well and that it continues to be uneventful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I have been watching your blog too and am so happy things are going well for you. :)

      Delete
  2. You are right, Cole is sooooo much fun at this age. He has learned something new every time we see him and Grandpa and I just melt when he lays his head on our shoulders. We can't wait for warmer weather so he can "mow" the yard with his bubble mower and take tractor rides. I keep thinking of the sign that Kate gave me that says, "A grandparents house is where cousins become best friends." I can't wait for Cole, Kamden, Kinley, and Baby Corbin to all spend time here together!

    So happy that all is going well with your pregnancy......time does seem to be going faster this time. September will be here before we know it! love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for the warmer weather too. Cole will LOVE being at your house if he can be outside all day. I know he will like riding the tractor with dad too. I appreciate all you and dad do to make things special for all of your grandkids. It will be so fun to sit with Cole someday and talk about all of his fun memories of being at your house like we all talk about Grandma Sharon. Wish she was here to spend time with the kiddo's too! Love you mom!!

      Delete
  3. We LOVE spending time with you guys! Cole is so sweet with the babies. I can't wait to watch him as a big brother! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you guys too, Kate! It's fun watching Cole "hug" the babies. It will be so fun once they all start to run around together. And Kinley and Kam will have a turn to be good big cousin to my little one too! Love you tons!

      Delete