Today we had an ultrasound to check on Baby Bean. Everything was 100% perfect. I'm so grateful every time we go in to still see the heart beating strong. The baby was very active and wiggled around the whole time. It's amazing to see how much the baby has changed in 4 weeks time. I've said it before, and I'll say it again - we are sooooo lucky to be able to see our little one's so often. Although the cost of this privilege was great, I am happy we get to check on our babies and make sure they are going to make it to full term.
Today I am 13 weeks 6 days, and the baby was measuring 14 weeks 2 days. Measuring a few days ahead is always a good thing. The baby weighs about 3 oz and we could see that all of the body parts were formed...we even saw some fingers! The heart rate was 157 beats per minute- which still indicates a girl if you go by the wives tale. BUT....when the nurse scanned between the legs of this child I am pretty sure it's a BOY! Our sonographer would not make a guess if it is a boy or girl b/c she said it is really early to tell and both parts can look similar at this point. I could have sworn I was going to have a girl...but now that I've seen everything I think it's a boy. I could still definitely be wrong. We go back for another ultrasound in 4 weeks and at that time we will be able to probably tell for sure. So until then, I'm not sure I'm settling on either gender.
I will definitely update when we know in 4 weeks. I am a planner and I want to know so badly. Matt said he won't even start thinking about names until we know...so we need to hurry up and get to that time! I know a boy name that I LOVE and am trying to convince him we should use. I'm not set on any girl names that I like so far. Maybe that's a sign.... I would love to do a gender reveal like my sister did, but it just becomes too complicated and it's not worth the stress to me. So I'll just make a mass announcement in the very near future.
I would love to have a girl for obvious reasons. It'd be so fun to have one of each. I would love to do mother daughter things with someone. I am so close to my mom that I do want to carry on a relationship like that in the future. However, when the thought was put into my mind this morning that it very well could be a boy all I could picture was my two little guys being best buds, getting into mischief together, laughing together, and just being everything that brothers should be. I couldn't have been more excited to think about all of the fun possibilities that come along with raising two boys. And I just love Cole so much that sometimes I do wish I had two of him! So I guess time will tell, but the good thing is that I don't care one bit either way. I'm not someone who will ever be upset or disappointed if I get one gender versus the other. I mean how could someone? Every single baby is a miraculous blessing from God.
One things for sure though, if this baby is a boy then Little Miss Kinley is going to have to get her bossy shoes on to keep all three boys in line! She will also be extra spoiled by this auntie because I will have to get my fill of buying girlie stuff in somehow. :) I can just picture all 4 kids together already. I'm really looking forward to what the next few years bring for our family.
It's hard to believe that I'm already over 1/3 of the way done with this pregnancy. The time is flying so much faster than it did with Cole. I'll be happier when I'm 2/3 of the way done because then I will know that my baby will be safe(r). My cervix is measuring at an excellent length and there are no concerns right now. That's the best kind of news to hear each time I visit the doctor.
Thanks for continuing to read my blog! I do have a few other posts I want to make and I'm trying to be better about logging on here a few times a month to update. The first trimester tiredness is leaving me and I can tell I have more energy!! I'll be back soon!
Little miss Kinley is going to be a PRINCESS lol! I cannot wait for this little baby to be here! I can't wait for all of these little ones to have play dates at Grandma & Grandpa's! We are going to have sooooooo much fun :) love you all!
ReplyDeleteI am always glad to hear that all is well with Baby Corbin! I honestly feel that this baby is a gift, not that every baby isn't a gift, but given the circumstances, you and Matt have truly been blessed with this pregnancy. Dad and I are excited to hear that Cole may have a little brother! How exciting to think of the two of them having so much fun together. However, in 4 weeks if Baby Corbin turns out to be a girl, we will be excited about that too. Full term and healthy is all that matters. Love you lots and excited for Cole to be a big brother!
ReplyDelete