I am allowed to get up and do a few things, but for the most part I'm trying really hard to sit. I don't want to do anything to jeopardize this little guys health. I know that going grocery shopping wouldn't be worth a 90+ day stay in the NICU for the baby...so Matt is taking care of most things like that for us. I'm not really allowed to pick Cole up much either, which is the hardest part of all of this. I really miss being the one to go in and wake him up in the mornings and grab him out of his crib. I miss being able to pick him up and carry him across the house. He can still sit on my lap, but what 17 month old boy wants to just sit on mom's lap when there are so many other fun things to do? :)
I'm counting down the weeks until my cerclage gets cut. That'll happen at 37 weeks...so I have about 13 more to go! So far the time is going pretty fast. I am still working during the day which is great-- it gives me something to do and I can't imagine bed rest w/out working (I don't know how my sister did it laying in the hospital with nothing to do all day...). I'm very blessed to have a job that I can sit on my couch and do. Then in the evenings once Matt gets home with Cole the time flies by. Cole is a lot of fun to sit and watch. He's really into Thomas the Train right now and every chance he gets he is asking if he can watch "choo choo" on the TV.
On Tuesday I will hit the 24 week mark. That is the week in pregnancy when a baby becomes viable for life on the outside. To put it in perspective, I had Braelyn at 23 weeks 5 days. Making it to 24 weeks has been my first goal, but I also know all too well that 24 weeks doesn't mean that things will go well. The rates for a 24 week old baby to survive are only like 40-50%. I am definitely trying to reach 28 weeks (July 1) as the viability percentage goes up to about 90-95%. I hate to think in terms like this, but I can't help it. Then my last goal is to make it to 36 weeks and then baby boy can come whenever he is ready at that point.
Thanks for all of the thoughts and prayers that come our way! We are so appreciative of the support from family and friends. Won't be long until September is here and we are welcoming the final addition to our family!!
| He is what they call "Frank Breech"-- butt down and feet up by his head. |
![]() |
| 20 Weeks-- excuse the hot mess of my hair... I don't do much to get all dolled up these days! Actually, it's shocking I have jeans on and not sweats :) |
![]() |
| Mr. Cole and his iPad... |


No comments:
Post a Comment