The good news, is that I'm still cooking this little guy. I'm 21 weeks today! We are on the downhill side of time until delivery. I already can't wait to see this little man. I am so curious to know if he looks like his big brother or if he is completely different. I want to watch him grow, play and think...will he be like Cole or have his own little personality? I think we have a name picked out. It's a name that I love and Matt finally came around to it. Although the other day he said he wasn't 100% sure about it...but he doesn't have any other suggestions. I guess we will see how it turns out. We have a few more months to decide.
At about 19 weeks I decided that I would be better off working from home the rest of my pregnancy. I had been walking as much as 2-3 miles a day at work and having to pull behind a heavy rolling bag with my computer in it. I decided it was just too much stress on my body and I asked my doctor for a note to work from home. They didn't hesitate in giving me the note (which is one out of the million reasons I love my doctors office). My boss has been really supportive of it too. I count my blessings every day that I have a job where I can work from home easily and continue to get paid and not use any sick time until the baby gets here. That is so important to me!
I must know my pregnant self pretty well these days because I knew that something was off. I went to the doctor and we found out that my cervix was starting to funnel open at the top where the baby's head is. I went from sitting most of the time to sitting on the couch for over a week w/out really getting up...except to go to the bathroom. It's so hard having a 16 month old at home and not being allowed to do anything. Matt has been an awesome dad and husband. He doesn't complain at all about having to be super dad around the house. He does such a great job with Cole and he is always attentive to my needs too. I am such a lucky girl to have Matt. It's funny how housework seems less important than ever to me right now. I just know there is not enough time in the day to care for Cole, work, and run errands to keep our lives going. Something has to suffer-- and it's housework over here. But, we are lucky enough to have my mom come to help us in that department. Last week she came and worked her cleaning magic on my living room and kitchen. It made me feel so much better knowing that I had a clean house. I am so appreciative of my mom and everything she's done for us. She made sure to bring us food too!! And if you know my mom, you know she is a great cook. This pregnant lady is fattening up with all of the great food.
My mom also came a few weekends ago to stay with Cole and I because Matt was scheduled to run his first half marathon in Indianapolis! I really didn't want Matt to have to cancel his run just because I can't be home with Cole by myself. My mom was awesome about coming over for a few days to stay and help. We had so much fun with her here! It was nice to just have some time to catch up with her by myself (well, Cole was running around like a crazy man in the background...). I am so proud of Matt for finishing his first (and as he says, last) half marathon. He trained hard for it and did great! He ran with his dad and sister-- a little family event. Matt said he thought it was funny he was going to run a half marathon to relax from running a full marathon around the house the last few weeks. I know we are keeping him so busy, but again, we are so grateful for his good attitude about it all. I feel like I'm being lazy...but I know it's necessary in order to keep this baby in until he is ready to thrive. Matt says I'm not being lazy, I'm growing a human. I guess when you look at it like that it's not so bad. :)
With all of the sitting I've been doing, the funneling went away. That's great news to my ears. My cervix is still really long for this point in pregnancy too. Having a cerclage was definitely the way to go with both of my pregnancies, but it's still stressful. It's hard to sit all day and wonder what's going on or if it's shortening. My doctor suggested we measure my cervix once a week until at least 28 weeks. At 28 weeks a baby's viability percentage goes up to nearly 80%. When we had Braelyn a little before 24 weeks, her chance of survival was very small. That's why I will be able to breathe a big sigh of relief when I hit 28 weeks. Now of course, I hope to get another 10 weeks after that! But we are taking baby steps (literally) here.
As when I was pregnant with Cole, it seems like the days go fairly slow, but the weeks go fast. If that even makes sense at all. I have had a lot of good friends checking in on me and that helps to pass the time. My wonderful friend Penny sent us Monical's Pizza for dinner last night. Cole was really happy about that :) I'm thankful for all of the support that we have as we go through the pregnancy journey again to make our family complete-- that's right....this baby will be the last for our family. I'm thrilled we were able to bring Cole a sibling, but I just can't put any of us through the stress that being pregnant brings with it. It's hard enough to do this with one child at home...I can't imagine doing it again with 2 little ones running around. Now I'm just counting down the days to September when our family of 4 is complete!
![]() |
| Cole enjoying his Monical's Pizza! |
![]() |
| Just being silly wearing mom's glasses :) |


No comments:
Post a Comment