I have a deep appreciation for her short life and the lasting impact its made on my own life. That day was the make or break moment of fully trusting God and what He had in store for my future. Luckily I chose to stick close to Him to see what he was going to do with my heartache - and it's made such a difference in my life. If you are going through a difficult situation, put your trust in God and choose to praise him in your storm. I understand that it's easier said than done, but trust me, it'll be a game changer! Thank you all for the incredible love you show me year after year. I have family and old friends that in some way experienced that heartbreaking day with me who continue to support our family and our cause each year. I also have brand new friends who participated in our donation this year and I'm so grateful for those friendships and support that they have shown when it would be so easy to gloss over this part of who I am.
![]() |
| This is really the only picture I have of just the three of us |
As you know, this year we decided to donate school supplies to Hudson Elementary School since Braelyn would have been in Kindergarten. We were once again so blessed this year with participation from our friends and family. We collected a TON of supplies! We appreciate each and every one of you that participated! We continue to be blown away by the support we are receiving 6 years later. The school was THRILLED to receive our gift. These supplies will be put to good use and I'd like to think that a little part of Braelyn is actually at Hudson Elementary School this year and maybe for years to come. For the most part, I know who donated, but a few items arrived with no note of who sent it - so since I will not be able to write a formal thank you to the anonymous people, please take this as my sincere thank you for sending supplies.
Here is a list of what we were able to collect, but my guess is that it's well over a couple hundred dollars of items. And here are some pictures of the boys helping . They collected packages each day from our front porch, opened them, organized the supplies, and were able to learn about their sister by participating in our donation this year.
- 35 boxes of Kleenex
- 84 boxes of crayons
- 55 highlighters
- 30 boxes of colored pencils
- 94 Sharpie markers
- 304 pencils
- 75 erasers
- 150 dry erase markers
- 2 packs of index cards
- 12 packs Post-It Notes
- 12 bottles of Purell hand sanitizer
- 2 learning flashcard sets
- 3 rolls of masking tape
- 22 rolls Scotch tape
- Glue
- 1 gallon refill jug
- 148 glue sticks
- 46 bottles of glue
- 2 pairs of scissors
- 45 boxes of markers
- 11 water color paints
- 5 folders
- 3 packs of construction paper
- 7 packages of wide ruled paper
- 13 packs of printer paper
- 416 gallon sized Ziplock bags
- 1,375 sandwich sized Ziplock bags
- 20 bottles of Chlorox/Lysol wipes
- 29,896 stickers :)
- 4 new nets for the basketball hoops at the school
- Gift cards
- 1 - $25 Meijer
- 2 - $25 Walmart
- 2 - $25 Amazon
- 1 - $40 Amazon
- 3 - $25 Target
You all are so AMAZING! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts! Happy #6 Baby Girl!










No comments:
Post a Comment