Thursday, July 18, 2013

Counting Down!

Just for fun, I thought I would do a countdown until this baby *could* possibly arrive.  I will get my cerclage cut at 37 weeks and my doctor has said his prediction is that the baby will choose to push his way out very soon after that happens.  When I start thinking about this countdown it seems so close to being able to finally meet this little guy.  I have several things on my to do list that I need to get done in the meantime...and I'm hoping that my list makes the time go even faster!

I can't wait to be a complete family after all these years of trying to get to this point.  I want to live life again and be happy without any stress of infertility or pregnancy.  I want to be able to do things with my boys and just truly enjoy the time that we are given together.  I can't wait to see Cole as a big brother, and I can't wait to see what the little mister's personality is too.  There is just so much to look forward to!

And the countdown to 37 weeks begins NOW:

1- baby book to get started

3- more craft projects to finish up for his room

5- more shots of Makena

6- more weekly photos

6- more sonograms

12- more doctor appointments

32- more work days

180- more dollars to pay for appointments

1,128- more hours on the couch (well for the most part)

1,500- more times of getting up off the couch to let Ritz in and out of the house...did I mention that dog is annoying?

I spent part of this week calling to take care of all of the registration type things you have to do pre-baby.  I called our health insurance to let them know I was pregnant and due in September to avoid the fines they give if you don't (funny b/c you would think they would already know considering I've had about 20 ultrasounds at this point).  I called to take care of requesting my leave of absence at work.  I called the hospital to pre-register.  It felt good to take care of all of those annoying details that you definitely don't want to do during labor.

I've also gotten a strong urge to start nesting.  I made myself a crazy list of everything I want to get done (when I'm allowed to get up and do it).  I swear my house needs a nice deep cleaning before this little guy comes home, but I'm not sure I'll be able to get that done so I made a shorter list of all of the little things I can gradually do.  Along with the organizing I have been in a mode to clear out all of the junk in our house.  I have a HUGE garage sale pile started in my basement for next spring when I can get around to actually having a sale.

All in all, I'm ready for this little guy to get here.  I am much more relaxed this time around and definitely have less anxiety about the whole process.  I am starting to picture the moment I get to meet him and it makes me remember back to when I first saw Cole (which is hard to believe that was already 19 months ago).  I am looking forward to spending the first few days with him at the hospital getting to know him before we bring him home to his new life.  I can't wait to introduce him to our families, especially Cole.  Cole is so gentle with babies.  I think he will do a great job.  When I ask Cole now what's in my belly he replies "bayyybeee".   It's so cute!

Well, it sure won't be long now.  I'm just praying everything continues to go as well as it has this entire time.  I'm so shocked at how different this pregnancy has been from my first two.  It's like I don't even have any complications...almost every single appointment has been great, and I feel good too.

Ok, well enough writing...back to my list of things to do :)

No comments:

Post a Comment