Thursday, July 11, 2013

Giant Baby

I had another doctor appointment today, and overall it went really well.  My cervix is continuing to hold tight and keep this baby in, which is awesome news!  Especially because even though I do try to sit most of the time it's hard with an 18 month old running around.  His heart rate was great and he got himself out of the cord tangle again.  I swear he's a little Houdini!

The thing that surprised us was how much this little guy is growing.  Apparently he is going to be way bigger than Cole Man was.  I am 29 weeks 2 days right now, and he is measuring 30 weeks 5 days.  So about a week and a half ahead of schedule.  They told us that he is estimated to weigh 3 lb 10 oz today!!  Usually they say they want babies to be 4 lb by 32 weeks, so as you can see this dude is growing like a weed.  I do really think I can make it to 37 weeks pregnant, but there's always that chance that I could go into pre-term labor, so I am not complaining that he's going to be a bigger baby than Cole.  One interesting observation that we discussed with my doctor's office was that Cole was an IVF baby and this one is all natural...I have seen some studies floating around online that indicate IVF babies may be smaller because of how they were conceived.  Not sure if there is truth to it or not.  And really, it's not like I expect both of my boys to be exactly the same.  It will be fun to see their differences.  My nurse practitioner also said that at 37 weeks when they cut my stitch she would not be surprised at all if this baby decides he is not going to stay in there any longer.  I absolutely can't wait.  I don't wish him to be here before 37 weeks...but I am getting really antsy to meet him and move on with the fun parts of life again!

I've had a countdown going the entire pregnancy...but we are down to just about 7 weeks until I get my stitch cut!  I can't believe how fast the time is going.  I planned out the rest of my doctor appointments through the middle of August.  I couldn't believe we were already to August!  I get my stitch cut on or around September 3...and that's going to be here before we know it!  Oh and by the way, since not everything can go smoothly with a Corbin pregnancy...my fluid levels are a bit on the low side, so we will continue going to the doctor twice a week.  One appointment we will do a non-stress test and the next we will do a sono/cervical check.  Fun times!

Thanks for still checking in on my blog to see how the baby is doing!  I can't wait until he's here and I can introduce him to everyone!

A little squished...but cute anyway!


My other little cutie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment