Monday, October 24, 2011

30 Weeks

Well folks, we made it into the 30's.  Hard to believe that we are here but it feels good!  As most of you know, I was put on "couch" rest two weeks ago.  This is the start of my third week just sitting.  I am going to the doctor twice a week now too for them to make sure little boy stays put.  Every Monday they check my cervix and if we are lucky we get to see the baby too!  Then every Thursday, they hook me up to monitors to watch the baby's heart rate and also to check for contractions.  So far I have not had any contractions at all (except a few weeks ago when I think I had two Braxton-Hicks).  Two weeks ago when they measured my cervix it was funneling at the top.  That's not a good thing because then the baby's head can put more pressure on my cervix and open it up more.  Last week when we went to the doctor, things hadn't changed anymore which was nice to hear.  But today, we found out that the funneling was not showing, but now my cervix had shortened by 1 centimeter (for those that don't know...that is a lot in one week).  I thought they would take more drastic measures to keep me down, but they decided that sitting is still my best option for now.  I will go back again on Thursday to be checked.  Unless I start having contractions, I will remain out of the hospital.  If I do start contracting I will most likely be put in the hospital on magnesium (again) to try and stop labor for a few more weeks.  If there is a risk I will deliver the baby and they can't stop it with the mag, I could win another helicopter ride over to Peoria.  Let's just hope that doesn't happen.  One helicopter ride was enough for this lady.

I am doing fine!  Sitting is boring, but I know it's all I can do to help my baby right now.  I'm not complaining...just trying to get through each day.  I have had so much support and so many offers to help out.  I really appreciate all of them!  Trying to keep a good attitude, because quite frankly there is nothing else I can do at this point. :o)  We will get through this....and we will be bringing a baby boy home with us.  It might not be a few days after delivery, but he will come home with us to live eventually.  Hard to believe how much our lives are about to change in a few short weeks.

Next goal by doctors standards is 34 weeks.  Next goal by our standards is 32 weeks.  We are breaking it down into 2 week increments, however, each DAY is a blessing we are grateful for.

Baby Squirt 30 Weeks

Baby Mama 30 Weeks

1 comment: