Sunday, October 30, 2011

With HOPE

Today I get to experience my first baby shower.  I'm so excited I could barely sleep last night.  Although, I do have to admit I had thoughts in the back of my mind that I would go into labor and somehow miss my shower.  Luckily, as I write this the shower is only a few hours away and I'm not having any contractions...so I am pretty sure I'm going to make it!

Seems kind of bittersweet today though.  I never got to have a baby shower when I was pregnant with Braelyn.  We had a date planned, but it was too far away from when I had her.  I just feel like this is going to be a huge celebration of this baby boy but we never got to celebrate Braelyn in the same way.  Even though we were all just as excited about her as we are for baby boy!

Today I know that I am going to focus on what a miracle this little guy is in our lives.  After sitting on the couch (mostly) alone for the last 3 weeks, I am so excited to see all of my friends and family.  Each person who will be there today has shown us tremendous love and support over the past year (and some of them over my entire life).  I saw a few of the decorations for the shower yesterday when I was at my parent's house and my mom and my sister have spared no detail for this party!  I can't wait to post pictures afterwards! It is a fall theme, since fall is my favorite season.  I guess in a way, fall makes me think of Braelyn too, so she will be a part of the shower.

I love this Steven Curtis Chapman song because it makes me think about how everything happens for a reason and we can still have hope.  Without hope we would not be where we are today, expecting this precious baby.  Braelyn paved the way for her little brother to make it here safe and healthy.  We know someday we will get to see her again.

Here are a few of the lyrics to the song that make it special to me.

We can cry with hope
We can say goodbye with hope
'Cause we know our goodbye is not the end, oh no
And we can grieve with hope
'Cause we believe with hope
There's a place by God's grace
There's a place where we'll see your face again
We'll see your face again


2 comments:

  1. The lyrics of this song are so true! Hope is what has gotten us through this past year and the assurance that we will see Braelyn again. I thought of Braelyn a lot today too and as I was preparing for the shower. She taught us many things in her short life and we are all changed for the better because of her. I also thought of the milestone day that yesterday was for you in this pregnancy and the hope of this baby boy. 31 weeks today! Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin, I thought of Braelyn a lot at your shower too. How could we not? It was such a beautiful shower. You are obviously so loved and thought of. It's so great that you are surrounded by so much support. Congrats on 31 weeks! Pack your hospital bags girly! You are getting so close!

    ReplyDelete