Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Baby Shower

This past weekend I got to enjoy my very first baby shower!  It was everything I could have hoped for and then some.  My mom and sister really out did themselves with all of the planning.  They covered every detail.  I am very lucky to have so many people in my life that love and support me in this journey.  Baby Squirt is one lucky little boy already.

The theme of my baby shower was fall b/c that is my favorite season.  The invitations mentioned "my little pumpkin" and the decorations were perfect for the day.  My mom and sister even had a neighbor design a pumpkin for me.  After 3 weeks of sitting on the couch in the silence, it was sooo good to see all of my friends and family!  I just wish I had more time to visit with each person individually.   There were a few people who drove pretty far to see me and I felt honored that they would do that.  My brother  and his girlfriend were also in town from Arizona, so Margo got to come too.  It was great to see both of them.

Here are some pictures from the day.  I don't have all of the pictures, so I'm sure I will post more later.




This is the baby's room once we got home (below)


Ritz and I watching Daddy put stuff together


This bear was handmade by a good friend of the family.  It was made out of my grandma's clothes.  It's very special to me because she couldn't be here with us to celebrate Baby Squirt.  I know I will always cherish this bear and it will be there to remind me to tell my little boy about how special his great grandma was in my life.  

I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day!

No comments:

Post a Comment