Thursday, November 3, 2011

Rainbow Baby

I am an avid blog reader.  I have several that I read on a daily basis, and also sometimes just enjoy finding new ones to read.  I read a few blogs that are written by women who have experienced similar situations as mine with Braelyn.  Not that I would wish anyone else to experience what I have, but it is sometimes reassuring to read what these ladies write about.

One subject that seems to be a theme in the blogs that I'm reading is the topic of "Rainbow Babies".  After reading about this topic I came across a few inspirational things that I wanted to share.

For those who have not heard, a "Rainbow Baby" is a baby that is born after the loss of a previous child.

"Rainbow Babies" are the understanding that the beauty of a rainbow does not negate the ravages of the storm. When a rainbow appears, it does not mean that the storm never happened or that the family is not still dealing with its aftermath. What it means is that something beautiful and full of light has appeared in the midst of the darkness and the clouds. Storm clouds may still loom over but the rainbow provides a counterbalance of color, energy, and much needed hope. -Author Unknown


They say the spirit of lost children are transformed into butterflies and dragonflies.  Many women, after experiencing a loss, notice that butterflies and dragonflies flock to them.  Butterflies and dragonflies represent a change and a new beginning, they were transformed from their old bodies into something completely new.    I like this thought, especially because after having Braelyn's ceremony, every time I see a Monarch butterfly I think of her.


This is a really cool story that I found as well:


The story of the Dragonfly


Once, in a little pond, in the muddy water under the lily pads,
there lived a little water beetle in a community of water
beetles.  They lived a simple and comfortable life in the pond
with few disturbances and interruptions.

Once in a while, sadness would come to the community when one of
their fellow beetles would climb the stem of a lily pad and
would never be seen again.  They knew when this happened; their
friend was dead, gone forever.

Then, one day, one little water beetle felt an irresistible urge
to climb up that stem.  However, he was determined that he would
not leave forever.  He would come back and tell his friends what
he had found at the top.

When he reached the top and climbed out of the water onto the
surface of the lily pad, he was so tired, and the sun felt so
warm, that he decided he must take a nap.  As he slept, his body
changed and when he woke up, he had turned into a beautiful
blue-tailed dragonfly with broad wings and a slender body
designed for flying.

So, fly he did!  And, as he soared he saw the beauty of a whole
new world and a far superior way of life to what he had never
known existed.

Then he remembered his beetle friends and how they were thinking
by now he was dead.  He wanted to go back to tell them, and
explain to them that he was now more alive than he had ever been
before.  His life had been fulfilled rather than ended.

But, his new body would not go down into the water.  He could
not get back to tell his friends the good news.  Then he
understood that their time would come, when they, too, would
know what he now knew.  So, he raised his wings and flew off
into his joyous new life!
-Author Unknown



In less than 8 weeks our perfect little Rainbow Baby will make his appearance into this world.  I can hardly wait!!!



1 comment: