Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Mama Bird


Since finding out at the doctor on Monday that my cerclage is no longer holding like it should, and I'm already dilated 2 cm and 75% effaced, "nesting" mode has kicked in full force.  There is so much to get done to prepare for a new baby's arrival.  Those of you who know me can attest that I am a neat freak and a bit OCD when it comes to cleaning.  Multiply that by about 100 and that's how I'm feeling this week.  I had a list about a mile long of random things we needed to complete before the baby is born.  It's so funny how things we haven't thought about doing in the 3 years we have lived in this house suddenly become "must do's".  And it's true...dad's nest too.  Matt has been in the mood to do projects that have been on our list for a long time.

We are two tasks away from being completely ready for the baby to get here!!  Christmas decorations are up, whole home humidifier has a new filter and is not leaking anymore, floors are mopped, laundry is 100% caught up, sheets are clean, nursery is organized, furniture is rearranged, food is made and in the freezer, Christmas shopping almost done (thanks for finishing it up Kate), hospital bags are packed....the list could go on and on.  Now just need to clean out the microwave and cut down the dead flowers out front.  

This kid has got to wait until next Tuesday evening to come at the earliest.  I am in desperate need of a haircut and I can't get in until Tuesday at 7 p.m.!!  But if he decides to come earlier I guess I can forgive him.  It's becoming very real now that the doctor said he could come at any time.  I can't wait to meet him!!

1 comment:

  1. Waiting patiently for baby squirt! Stay in that belly for a few more days baby!

    ReplyDelete