Wow! I just want to say thank you to all of the people who have donated money, fabric, and time to my diaper project for Braelyn's birthday. I really debated if I should put anything on Facebook or not, but I'm so glad that I did. So far it's been a great turnout and we are going to help so many parents and tiny babies feel loved. You all are so awesome!
I ordered a bunch of fabric tonight and am so excited to get started on cutting the patterns out. Then...I'll have to learn how to sew :) I have had a few friends offer to help me sew, and I will probably enlist their help in order to get these done. I didn't really have a goal of a certain number of diapers that I want to donate, but I can tell you that from the responses I've gotten of people who want to help, we have already exceeded my expectations. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
If you are looking for cute fabric, there are a lot of sites online if you search under "flannel fabric". A few of the great sites that I purchased from are Etsy (just search "flannel fabric") and Hawthorne Threads . You can also look at any fabric store and find some cute patterns.
One of my friends had a good suggestion: She said we should probably wash, dry, and iron the fabric before we cut the diapers out. I liked this suggestion because the diapers will be clean and fresh when they are put on the tiny babies. If you have already started making diapers and didn't do this, don't worry! The diapers will still be fine. I wouldn't have even thought of doing this, so I'm glad my friend suggested it to me.
I said in my prior note that I want to deliver these diapers to The Children's Hospital of Illinois in Peoria on December 14. This is the day we are going to Peoria for Cole's doctor appointment for his kidneys and we will be right by the NICU where Braelyn spent her 12 hours of life. It will mean a lot to me to deliver them by hand instead of mailing them. This means that if you are making diapers I would like to have them at my house no later than December 1. That way I can get the cards made that tell why we are doing this and package them up nicely for delivery. If you are wanting to just buy fabric and get it to me, I will need it sooner than December 1 so I can wash it, cut it, and then sew the diapers. Hopefully that gives everyone enough time! For those of you making the diapers who do not live close, please let me know how much shipping is to mail them to me and I will reimburse you. If you have any questions just shoot me a private message or e-mail.
Again, thank you all so much for the generous donations of money, time, and efforts! I am so thrilled this idea is coming to fruition and I couldn't be happier about helping grieving parents feel a little more loved.
No comments:
Post a Comment