Monday, October 8, 2012

Braelyn's 2nd Birthday

Yesterday was Braelyn's 2nd birthday.  It's so hard to believe that 2 years have come and gone without her.  This year felt different than the last two.  We have Cole here with us, and finally my life feels complete again.  I think about Braelyn every single day, and I know she is always with me.  But there is also something to be said about having a baby in your arms.  I hope that I can teach Cole about how special his sister is to us.  And I hope that some day he will be able to choose something special to do each year to celebrate her life.

We had a pretty low key day, but we definitely remembered her and celebrated her life.  We worked on the flannel diapers a bit, we went to church, we went out to the lake, and last we took Cole out for his first taste of ice cream for the birthday celebration.  It was a perfect day in my mind.

Lake Evergreen 10-7-12

Cole at Lake Evergreen

Eating Birthday Cake Batter Ice Cream from Cold Stone
First taste of ice cream!




No comments:

Post a Comment