The last I counted we had about 400 diapers total that we are going to be able to donate! Did you read that??? 400!!!!! I can't even find the words to thank everyone that has participated. I have had several people donate money, fabric, time to cut, and sewing abilities. We still have a long way to go to actually finish all of them, but man-- I think by December 15 we are going to have a huge donation to drop off in Peoria at the Children's Hospital.
This has not been a project that comes naturally to me. I had never sewn anything before in my entire life...but I learned and have been sewing away. Actually, the funny part is that Matt is the one who read the instruction manual for my mom's sewing machine, got the thread and bobbin all ready and started sewing. He's done way more than I have so far and all of his look great!! It's so fun to see this side of Matt. :o)
I really can't wait to update you all once I have all of the diapers paired up and tied pretty with ribbon ready to be delivered. If you are reading this and have contributed to my project, I want to apologize for not writing a thank you note to you personally yet. I promise they are going to be on their way soon... I have just been so busy trying to work on the diapers and also I wanted to have something done with your donations before I wrote to you. So for now, please take this as my heartfelt thank you! I couldn't be doing this without all of you! You should feel so proud of yourselves for helping families in need of something good on a day that will forever be etched in their minds.
Here are some pictures so far of the process:





No comments:
Post a Comment