I'm turning 30 in a couple of weeks. I'm not like a lot of people who are skeptical of turing 30. My 20's were a pretty good decade overall. I met my husband, got married, had a daughter and a son, and so many more great things that I can think of. My 20's had some down times, but I appreciate the lessons I've learned about life. I'm trying my best to turn the bad times into something good.
I'm really looking forward to my 30's. I just know that we have so many fun times ahead of us. I can't wait to watch Cole grow and learn new things. I hope both personally and professionally my life gets even better in the next decade.
Over the weekend we went to Chicago for a birthday party for our friends' daughter. On the way back, Matt asked me if I wanted to stop at Best Buy. I was really confused as to why we would need to stop there. He told me that he wanted to pick up my birthday present. One thing about us is that we are always looking for a good sale... He said he needed to get my gift early b/c it was on sale. :o) And he wanted me to pick it out. Then he told me that he was going to buy me a DSLR camera that I had been dying to have for the last few years. My sister has one and I LOVE to borrow it. But with her twins soon to arrive I doubt I'll get my hands on it much. Matt said he knew how much I had been wanting one and even though it was pricy he wanted me to have it for my birthday. I tried to talk him out of it (what was I thinking?!?!), but he insisted that I get it.
I am so appreciative of the gift he gave me. I absolutely love my camera and I can't wait to learn more about how to use it. I have already been watching a DVD that came with it to learn new things as well as practicing. I'm sure I'm not that great yet, but I know that with the millions of pictures that I'll be taking I am bound to get better each time I use it. And truth be told, Matt has even been getting into the photography thing! Poor Cole better get some sunglasses on b/c this flash is going to blind him!!
Here are some lovely photos that I've taken in the last few days...
No comments:
Post a Comment