We are officially under 100 days until we meet the little Mister. I'm counting down to 37 weeks, when I get my stitch cut, so by my count we are down to 78 days :) I know he likely will not come the day I get it cut, but it's more fun to count down to 37 weeks because I will lose all restrictions of sitting.
Can you tell that couch rest is getting old? I hit a wall over the weekend of just being plain bored and tired of not being able to take care of Cole without help. We did get out and go to the park (where I sat on a bench) and to the zoo (where I rode in a wheelchair)...but I can't complain. At least I was giving my couch a break from this huge butt imprint that I'm leaving behind. I told Matt that after 20 weeks of couch rest with Cole and 20 weeks with this little guy, we may need to replace my chair in our sectional couch. If you look at the couch, you can definitely tell where someone always sits ;)
Over the weekend we celebrated Matt's birthday and Father's Day. It was the weekend of Matt around here. I am so lucky to have him in my life. He is a wonderful husband and I fall more in love with him every single day. He is an awesome dad...so involved and wants to do everything with Cole. He does the dirty work with Cole, will get down on the floor and play with him, and he teaches him new things. I can't wait to see him with two little boys that adore him. I know that things have not been easy for him the last few months, and they won't get easier until I can get up and help out more. He works full time (at a stressful job-- and I am so proud of how good he is at his job), takes care of Cole, takes care of me, grocery shops, cleans the house, takes care of the yard, runs errands, and so much more. He has earned the new nickname of Super Dad around here. All without complaining one bit. He knows that I'm doing what I need to in order for our baby to be born healthy...and I am so thankful he doesn't make me feel bad about sitting at all.
I hope that Matt and I have so many more fun years ahead of us with the boys. I can't wait to watch him become an even more awesome and involved dad with these two cuties tagging along.


No comments:
Post a Comment