Well, I made it to another weekend. I usually look forward to the weekends because that means I'm not sitting at home alone. Although right now both of the boys are napping...so silence it is again. Can't wait for them to get up and liven up the house.
This couch rest thing is getting really hard. I feel like I'm hitting a wall with being patient. Don't get me wrong, I'm very grateful to still be able to work during the week and get up and do small things...but I am so incredibly bored! I feel like I'm missing out on all of the fun that summer brings by just sitting on the couch. We have taken Cole to the park several times, but I always have to observe. I want to get up and play with him so badly! I can't do much around the house either which makes me feel like my life is out of control a bit. Of course, I will continue to sit as much as possible because it's what is best for Baby Corbin, but I just wish I could for once enjoy being pregnant. And I can guarantee that will never happen, because this is the LAST time I will EVER be pregnant again. :) I want to spend the rest of my life loving and enjoying these boys that God has given to me and I don't want to take any time away from them to sit on the couch going forward.
Tuesday will mark 28 weeks...that's our second goal! I feel so incredibly blessed to have made it this far. Our baby will now have about an 85-90% chance of survival if he is born anytime soon. Of course, I don't wish that he will be born soon, but it's reassuring to know that things only get better from here. I have two more goals in mind for this pregnancy. I want to next hit 34 weeks (August 13)-- that will be when the baby can be delivered at our local hospital and we shouldn't have to worry too much that he will need any stay in the NICU. And then 37 weeks (September 3)-- I will get my cerclage cut and will be able to do whatever I want again. Now granted, at 37 weeks I will be huge and uncomfortable, but I will plan to fit in as much summer fun with Cole as I possibly can before the baby comes. And if this baby is anything like Cole, we will have spent all this time trying to keep him inside and he will not want to come out at all when he is allowed to.
Some days this baby being here seems so far away, but at the same time I know it's only really a matter of single-digit weeks that we are down to. The nursery is almost finished, we have bought a ton of diapers to stock up, the clothes are all washed and put away, and the baby book has been started...now we just continue to wait. I can't wait to have both of my little boys in my arms at the same time!
Aw, hang in there :( I know it can't be easy!! We found ourselves doing the same thing as we passed certain milestones.."if he was born now..." funny how your perspective changes huh? You can do it!!
ReplyDelete