Wednesday, June 5, 2013

If it's not one thing...it's another!

We had an appointment today to check my cervical length and to do full measurements on Baby Brother.  The good news is that my cervix is holding strong at 4 cm long and there was no funneling.  That's awesome news to my ears!  When I was pregnant with Cole my cervix started to change and funnel around 28 weeks, so that'll be the true test.  Baby Brother's measurements were perfect as well.  He measured a week ahead in some areas.  They estimated he weighs about 1 lb. 10 oz. at this point.  So it sounds like we have nothing to worry about, right?

Remember how the last couple of weeks I mentioned that Baby Brother has been in a Frank Breech position?  With his butt down and legs up by his head?  Well on Monday I felt a lot more pressure pushing down.  I told Matt I was 99% sure that he had moved head down.  I was really anxious to see if I was right when we had our appointment today.  Well guess what, he did move to the head down position!  But what we also found out today was that in doing this he now has the cord wrapped around his neck twice.  I swear, if we aren't worrying about my cervical length we are worrying about something else.

There is nothing we can do right now to change the circumstances.  It's one of those things that we just have to wait and see what happens.  There is a good chance he can move out of this tangled mess.  We will go from one appointment a week to being seen twice.  Each visit we will do a sonogram to see if the cord is off of his neck.  We are going to hope and pray that it comes off soon and we can go back to one appointment a week.  Once we get closer to 35 weeks, if it hasn't come undone yet we will have to start talking about when to do a c-section.  I really don't want him to be born any sooner than 37 weeks, but I guess it will all depend on if he is in distress or not once he grows bigger.

If you are the praying type, send up a few extra ones that this baby will be a little Houdini and get himself out of this mess.  I'll continue to update my blog after each appointment.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Little stinker, just wants to make sure he is getting his proper attention! You may need to have a chat with that boy :) Prayers for you guys that he can get untangled so you don't have to worry about that on top of everything else!

    ReplyDelete