Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Capture Your Grief 2013

October is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month.  It's always been funny to me that October was also the month Braelyn was born/died in.  It's hard for me to believe she would have been 3 this year.  When I watch Cole running around I try to picture what a child a year older than him would be doing.  And what types of things would a girl be playing with.  I only know little boys in our house.  I wish things could be different and I could hear a little girl laughing and playing with dolls, maybe even feeding her baby dolls while I feel sweet little Clay.  But I can't change things.  And you know what, I am at peace with that.  I am choosing to live my life every day in a thankful state.  Thankful that I had Braelyn and how she changed my life.  Thankful that b/c of her I have two healthy and happy boys to steal my heart and to raise. This time of year brings back many memories to me.  Some good and some bad.  Maybe I'll focus on that in another blog entry at some point.

For now, I wanted to share a project that is going on in the world of baby loss.  It's called Capture Your Grief 2013.  It's one of those picture a day for a month deals.  I thought it would be healing to participate in it this year.  I love to take pictures anyway, so why not have a focus for the day.  I am going to try my best to do one picture each day, but with a newborn and 2 year old at home I can only say I'll try my best.

Here is a link to the website if you are interested:  http://carlymarieprojectheal.com/2013/09/capture-your-grief-october-2013.html

Day 1:  Sunrise

Today is a gray day, thus no real sunrise.  And I probably was feeding a baby at the time the sunrise would occur, so I don't have a picture of an actual sunrise.  However, I think this picture is fitting because without my family my sun would not rise every day like it does.  Family is what makes my world continue to spin.  They are all what make me want to get up and go each morning.  I am thankful for all of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment