Thursday, October 24, 2013

I'm sorry that I'm not sorry...

I'm on a brief hiatus from the Capture Your Grief pictures, but I promise to finish up the month soon.

I had a thought today while I was home.  I have a friend coming over tonight that has never been to my house.  So my OCD self is trying to clean and straighten everything up so it looks perfect when she arrives.  This is ludicrous because Cole will have been home for a few hours by the time she arrives, and if you have or have had an almost 2 year old you know that you can spend hours cleaning and straightening only to have them destroy it in 30 seconds or less.  That's when it hit me.  I always find myself saying to people when they come over "sorry my house is a mess".

I think we have this idea of perfection in our heads.  That things always have to be just in their proper place and no dust must be showing when people come over.  However, in reality, it's so hard to keep up with cleaning and organizing when there are more important priorities, like you know, keeping the kids fed and bathed.  I do like my house to be presentable when people come over.  But you know what?  I'm going to stop saying sorry that my house is not perfect.  Because it is.  It may not be perfect in the sense that the furniture is freshly dusted and the floors are mopped, but it's perfect because it's lived in.  I dreamed for years of having kids in this house.  So I'm going to enjoy every second of tripping over another matchbox car and having to jump over the play mat on the floor.

I am so thankful for the opportunity to raise these two precious boys in a house full of toys!

Disaster Zone!

2 comments:

  1. Love the cage in the middle of the room! Hope that's for Ritz and not the time out place!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Ann. That is Ritz's for sure. Although I will say with all of the toys that are cluttering this space, Cole will sit and play in the dog cage for an hour if we let him. :)

      Delete