Saturday, October 5, 2013

Capture Your Grief: Day 5

Day 5:  Memory




















One of my favorite memories of Braelyn was when Matt and I were holding her after all of her tubes and wires had been taken off.  We were giving her all of our love while we were waiting for her tiny heart to stop beating.  When we knew she was finally gone, we both noticed at the same time that a drop of her blood (from where her IV was taken out) had landed on Matt's jeans in the perfect shape of a heart.  It was then in that moment, even though my heart was broken, that I knew everything was going to be okay.














Another favorite memory of mine is when we had Braelyn's funeral service at Lake Evergreen.  We decided to get Monarch Butterflies for each family to release.  The butterflies arrived at our house in a styrofoam cooler with instructions on how to "wake up" the butterflies before the release.  When we got out to the lake we began to thaw out the butterflies so they were ready to fly.  When Matt and I opened up our Butterfly and tried to release it, it did not want to fly away.  It sat on our hands for about 5 minutes before it finally took off.  I truly felt Braelyn's presence that day and it's a memory that will never leave me.  (I'm so thankful for our family friend, Karla, for taking pictures of Braelyn's service.  This picture speaks a 1,000 words to me and I love that I am able to see this memory on a daily basis).

(www.carlymarieprojectheal.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment